CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Green Eggs and...Ham?

I don't know about you, but green eggs are not on my top 10 greatest foods list. I think I'd be like the...big furry thing that doesn't want to try the green eggs and ham. And like the big furry thing...(I'll call him BFT) I'd probably be getting a little annoyed too. Let me set the stage for you:

Picture yourself...sitting down...relaxing (in whatever way you are choosing to relax. Reading a book, napping, listening to music), when all of the sudden a small innocent looking thing comes riding by on an odd...dog-ish looking thing, holding a sign that says "I am Sam". (Now if it were me I would think I was dreaming that I was in a 1920's movie (before sound and the taling was done by signs). But enough about me.) Then, before you really have time to think about what you just saw, this same little thing...I mean Sam, comes by again, this time holding a sign reading "Sam I Am".
You proceed on saying that you do not like Sam (in rhyme of course). I don't know if you have had a run in with Sam and his gross green eggs before or if you are one of those people who don't like things that speak with signs. Either way you don't like Sam.
Then this impertenent Sam has the audacity to stick a plate of green eggs and ham in your face...and then ask you: "Do you like green eggs and ham?"
Which you (of course) respond, NO! (In rhyme.)
Then this Sam proceeds to follow you everywhere you go, asking if you would like the green eggs and ham: here. there, in a house, with a mouse, in a box, with a fox, in a car, in a tree, on a train, in the rain etc...
You cannot get away from this Sam. You've tried running away, hiding away, pushing and shoving Sam away, but for being such a small Sam...he doesn't seem to get discouraged. He just keeps coming up with new ideas.
Finally you try the one last option you know of to get rid of little...annoying, urggh, Sam. You decide to try those green eggs and ham.
You try them so he'll let you be...you try them, eat them then you see...that you like green eggs and ham...so you thank this Sam-I-Am. You say you'll eat them here and there, you say you'll eat them anywhere.

So that's the story, be thinking of the themes you see, because tomorrow I'll go into the deeper meanings that I've found.

TTLY,
Susie Loo the Seussical Reporter

No comments:

Post a Comment