CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Interview with Yertle the Turtle

So before we get the scoop on the book Yertle the Turtle...lets take a look at what is happening.

As the Seussical reporter I like to get the scoop from all angles. Lets go talk to Yertle:

Susie Loo: Yertle, may I ask you a few questions about your story?

Yertle the Turtle: Well, I haven't got much time, but I guess so.

SL: Thank you! First of all why don't you tell my readers what happened. You were sitting on a rock I believe and--

YT: Yes, I was just sitting on my rock.
I am...rather was king of all Sala-ma-Sond.
Which really is the very, very, very best pond.
I was sitting, just sitting enjoying the sun, when I thought up a scheme...I mean an idea for fun. I'd call a few turtles to stack up on each others backs, if I would've been smart I wouldn't have let in that Mack.
Then I climbed up on top, I had a much better view, I was happy, content, for a minute or two. After all I was king of a cow, mule, house and cat, and everything that I could see beyond that. But to tell you the truth it wasn't that much, so I called more turtles over to stack up like such.

SL: Excuse me Yertle, but aren't you forgetting something?

YT: So I--what's that? Forget something? Why of course not, I am--was the king!

SL: That may be so, but I thought you were quite please with you "kingdom," until Mack spoke up.

YT: Yes, you're right I guess, I suppose that is true. I was happy until that Mack started to spew...
Out complaints, and complains, one after another. About how he was hungry, he's such a bother.
It made me so mad, it made me see, that my kingdom wasn't quite big enough for me.
After that I call over 200 more, so now I had 209, then I started to really calm down, I tell you I really felt fine.
But all good things must come to an end I suppose, because down there in that stack a voice soon arose.
I won't drop names...it was Mack again so you see, he had nothing better to do than to bother me.
I was king, and he was only little 'ol Mack, who complained that he had a pain in his back.
While shouting at him I got a surprise...I looked up and saw the moon in the sky.
It was higher than me, how could it be.
So I thought '5,607 turtles is what I need', so I sent for them all, I saw them coming with speed.
But before they arrived I felt my feet start to shake, it felt like the coming of a great big earthquake.
And before I knew it, I, king of Sala-ma-Sond, I landed plunk in the mud of my pond.
I don't know how it happened, but in my head, way in the back. I have a feeling it was caused by little 'ol Mack.

SL: Well, thank you Yertle, I know you're very busy, so I'll let you get back to...whatever it is that you do. Tomorrow we'll meet Mack and hear his side of the story.


Susie Loo the Seussical Reporter


PS If you liked my interview with Yertle the Turtle, please leave a comment!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, how interesting. I love how you actually went to Yertle to hear his side of the story.. looking forward to hearing Mack's side soon!

    ReplyDelete